Yeongju is a city in North Gyeongsan province Korea, (1 hour away from Andong city) which is famous for its Buseoksa Temple
We came here for the 2nd destination of 2016 Wow Korea Supporters 2nd Trip.
If you like to explore the beauty of temples in Korea, Buseoksa is a perfect destination. Different from other usuall temples, Buseoksa is called “masculine” temple because of its huge size and its beuatiful scenery.
Located 40 mins away from Yeongju city, Buseoksa is also located on the top of hill where you have to walk about 30 mins (1km) to get to the place. But it’s not gonna be hard since you can enjoy the beautiful ginko trees all over the pathway which is turning yellow in October.
Soon you gonna arrive in the main entrance of Buseoksa where you can explore its beauty in many spots.
This temple is called Buseoksa because there is a wide, flat stone which floats above the ground.
- By BUS, you can take bus from Seoul Central City Terminal to Yeongju (2 hours 20 mins, 15.000 won). From Yeongju Intercity Bus Terminal, across the street and take bus 27 or 55 to Buseoksa (부석사)
- By TRAIN, you can take train from Cheongyangni Station to Punggi Station (2 hours 20 mins, 18.500 won) and take Bus 27 to Buseoksa Temple.
Seonbichon Village (선비촌)
Seonbichon Village (선비촌) is a cultural village which preserve the spirit and cultural heritage of Korea’s classical scholars.
Not only experience of staying in Korean traditional old houses, you can also do a lot of fun activities while learn about traditional Korea.
Injeolmi Rice Cake Making Experience
Injeolmi rice cake is a Korean traditional kinda cake which is a glutinous rice cake coated with soybean powder. We learnt how to make the rice cake, taught by beloved Korean Grandma and Grandpait, and the best part was when we had those delicious injeolmi rice cake.
Korean Traditional Wedding Ceremony
We also experienced the ritual of Korean traditional wedding ceremony which is done by Korean people long time ago (until now for some people) as our friends acted as the Bride, Groom and even Bridesmaids.
- By BUS, you can take bus from Seoul Central City Terminal to Yeongju (2 hours 20 mins, 15.000 won). From Yeongju Intercity Bus Terminal, across the street and take bus 27 (bound for Buseoksa), get off at Sosuseowon (Seonbichon Village).
- By TRAIN, you can take train from Cheongyangni Station to Punggi Station (2 hours 20 mins, 18.500 won) and take Bus 27 to (bound for Buseoksa), get off at Sosuseowon (Seonbichon Village)
- It’s better to come together with some friends for staying in Korean traditional old house . It’s good for having MT or just travelling.
- Bring your own towel, toiletries for more comfortable staying