Naejangsan National Park is the most visited place in November as thousands people come to see the colorful autumn leaves when its hitting the peak. Located in Jeollabuk Province, about 3 hours away from Seoul, Naejangsan is the first most recommended place to spend your autumn holiday in Korea.
Just before you reach the main entrance of Naejangsan National Park, you will find Naejangsan Sculpture Park, which is located 15 mins away.
Once you enter the main entrance, you will understand what beauty of autumn is.
After walking for about 30 mins (or taking shuttle ride for 1000 won) you will arrive at Uhwajeong Pavilion (우화정) which is a pavilion in the middle of small lake. This place is located next to the Naejangsan cable car station.
As you keep walking inside the national park, you will see the Naejangsa Temple, about 10 mins walking from the cable car station.
Do not forget to take a closer picture of the maple tree leaves whose form is so lovely yet colorful.
- Take bus to Jeongeup Intercity Bus Terminal from Central City Terminal (Honam Line)
- At the bus terminal, take bus no. 171 and get off at Service Area Naejangsan Bus Terminal (휴게소.버스터미널) Bus Stop.
- Best time to visit in 2016 is November 9-16
- Take your own car or go together with travel group (taking public bus by your own is a little bothersome)
- Come as early as possible (or stay over if possible) since so many people coming to this place, late means you gotta park your car so far away from the entrance or even can’t get seat on the bus.
- Take the cable car earlier as the queue is longer after the lunch.