On November 7th, I managed to visit Seoraksan again, this time was late autumn peak. Unexpectedly, it was still yellow and orange even though some leaves were already on the ground.
- From Seoul Express Bus Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Sokcho City ( 2,5 hours, 18.100 won)
- From Sokcho Express / Intercity Bus Terminal, across the street and take bus No. 7 or 7-1.
- Get off at Sogongwon Bus Stop (45 mins away)
- If you want to take 2 courses (cable car and Ulsan Bawi) but for only one day trip in Seorak Mountain, you gotta leave Seoul early in the morning and comeback later in the afternoon.
- If you want to enjoy more Seorak Mountain, you can stay over in Seokcho and play Pokemon Go!
- Check the temperature before you come so you can prepare jacket if its cold.
- Don’t forget to bring water and food.
- Hiking during rainy day is dangerous, you can just take the cable car course instead
- If you don’t like hiking, you can take the cable car course.
- Come during weekday if you want to visit during peak autumn foliage. You might have to wait for a long time for cable car (1-2 hours to get your turn)
- The best view of autum foliage of Seorak Mountain is from the Gwongeumsong Fortress, which means you have to take the cable car for this.
- The easiest way to travel is joining daily tour from Trazy. Recommended itinerary, good facility, and fair price. (Click here Travel with Trazy)
- 7.30 leave from Seoul Express Bus Terminal
- 10.00 arrive at Seokcho Bus Terminal
- 10.15 take bus no 7 or 7-1
- 11.00 arrive at main entrance of Seoraksan
- 11.30 buy ticket for 4pm cable car
- 11.30 – 15.00 climb up to Ulsan Bawi
- 4.00-5.30 take cable car, Gwonggeumsong Fortress
- 6.00 go back to Seokcho Bus Terminal
- 7.00 take bus to Seoul Bus Express Bus Terminal
- 9.30 arrive at Seoul