If you look for the King Cherry Blossom and colorful Royal Azaleas, Wansan Park in Jeonju is the best place to visit. Since it’s located just next to Jeonju Hanok Village, you can reach this place after you spend some hours in the famous Hanok Village, only 30 mins by walking.
King Cherry Blossom is another type of Cherry Blossom flower, but the flower is more pink, bigger and has more petals.
Royal Azalea in Wansan Park has some two colors, the red and pink one.
Something you can’t forgot is taking good photos.
- You can get to Jeonju by taking public bus from Express Bus Terminal to Jeonju city which is available every 10 mins
- If bus terminal is too far from your area, the easier way to travel is joining oneday shuttle bus to Jeonju organized by Trazy where they have pick up points on popular area such as myeongdong, hongdae and dongdaemun. Click here Travel with Trazy
- Once you arrive to Jeonju City (by your own) or to Jeonju Hanok Village with Trazy, read my instruction bellow.
- Walk from Bus Terimal to Geumam Gwanjang Intersection (금암관장사거리) for about 5-10mins, and take right and you will find bus stop. Take bus 165.
- Get off at Nambu Market Bus Stop (남부시장). As soon as you get off, go to your left and keep going straight until you see a river and bridge.
- (If you wanna visit after spending time in Jeonju Village, you can go to a big road next to Jeoju Cathedral, and turn left, towards a river and bridge)
- As you find the bridge, you will see small hill on your right.
- Find the entrance to the hill (steep stairs) and Wansan Park is just behind that hill.
- Take the stairs and as soon as you reach the top, take left, go straight untill you find way down exit, and take left again and you will see the entrance of the Wansan Park on your right.