Who doesn’t know Nami Island? The most favourite place to visit for most South East Asian tourists when they come to Korea for travelling. Why? It’s because of the popular Korean drama “Winter Sonata” back in 2002 which started Hallyu Wave to many countries.
*credit to owner
*credit to owner
Nami Island has always its story every season. This time is story about green Nami Island during spring time when all the leaves grow and flowers bloom.
Not only famous for its nature-beauty, but you can do such a lot of activities in Nami Island, riding bike and cart, visiting museums and gallery, trying water sport, shopping, cafe hopping, etc.
Once you get the Nami Island ticket in the entrance, you’re gonna take 5-min ferry ride to Nami Island which is located in the middle of North Han river.
You can also check Nami Island during Autumn here (my previous post). Nami is totally yellow during that season. You can read and plan to visit for this year’s autumn.
- Take ITX from Yongsan Station to Gapyeong Station for 55mins (cost 5200 won / per person for adult) or take all-stop train to Gapyeong Station (about 2000 won)
- When you get out from Gapyeong Station, you can take taxi for 10 mins (3000-5000 won) or take the Gapyeong shuttle bus for 6000 won or normal bus for 1300 won.
However, now travelling to Nami Island is so much easier if you join TRAZY daily tour which is good, efficient (no need to waste time by getting lost), fair price, and you can also travel to Petite France, Garden Morning Calm, Rail Bike, etc which are located in the same area. You can join the daily tour below.
- Book the ITX through online on letskorail.com, even 2 weeks before because those period is usually fully booked, or juts take the normal train if you don’t get any.
- If you’re planning to visit only Nami Island, it’s better to take the taxi to be faster. But if you plan to visit other places (Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm) you can take the Gapyeong shuttle bus for 6000 won (all day ride).
- Come early in the morning! You might have to wait for more than 1 hour just to take ferry to Nami Island if you come after lunch time
- I recommend you to visit only Nami Island and spare much time. I had to queue for 2 hours only to take the ferry back to the entrance when I visited last year (it was 2pm in the afternoon).
- In 2016, my prediction (based on friends who went there & recent photos from instagram) the peak time would be October 22-30 this year. You can’t visit too late otherwise all the yellow leaves are already on the ground.
VISITED ON APRIL 30TH, 2017
IF YOU READ MY BLOG AND MANAGE TO VISIT THE PLACE, I APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN HELP ME TO SHARE MY BLOG BY USING HASHTAG #rufustory WHEN YOU POST THE PHOTOS OR SHARE MY BLOG ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA^^