Good to be back for post. Today I could capture one of the best view of Nami Island during Winter in Korea, the prettiest Nami Island I’ve ever seen.
One night snowing in Nami Island already turned the whole island into magical white land. I took the earlier ferry to Nami Island at around 8.30am in the morning to get the best moment to have photo session as well as capture the landscape.
You have to be really lucky to be able to see the white Nami Island because the snow will melt in 1-2 hours when there’s sunlight. TIP : check the weather forecast, the perfect time to see Nami Island in white is right after it snows. Do not wait for 1-2 days, too late babyyy, even 1-2 hours can make a different change.
- Take ITX from Yongsan Station to Gapyeong Station for 55mins (cost 5200 won / per person for adult) or take all-stop train to Gapyeong Station (about 2000 won)
- When you get out from Gapyeong Station, you can take taxi for 5 mins (3000-5000 won) or take the Gapyeong shuttle bus for 6000 won or normal bus for 1300 won.
However, now travelling to Nami Island is so much easier if you join TRAZY daily tour which is good, efficient (no need to waste time by getting lost), fair price, and you can also travel to Petite France, Garden Morning Calm, Rail Bike, etc which are located in the same area. You can join the daily tour below.
Travel with TRAZY to Nami Island
- Book the ITX through online on letskorail.com, even 2 weeks before because some period can be sold out, or juts take the normal train if you don’t get any.
- If you’re planning to visit only Nami Island, it’s better to take the taxi to be faster. But if you plan to visit other places (Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm) you can take the Gapyeong shuttle bus for 6000 won (all day ride).
- Come early in the morning! You might have to wait for more than 1 hour just to take ferry to Nami Island if you come after lunch time.
- Check the weather forecast, come on the snowing day, or the next morning if it snows the whole night
VISITED ON NOVEMBER 24TH, 2017
IF YOU READ MY BLOG AND MANAGE TO VISIT THE PLACE, I APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN HELP ME TO SHARE MY BLOG BY USING HASHTAG #rufustory WHEN YOU POST THE PHOTOS OR SHARE MY BLOG ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA^^
Hi, I’m Lynn. Do you mind to share, what was the exact date of the nami picture above? Just to have an idea what to expect on our Seoul trip in 20 Nov – 28 Nov 2020.