Daegu Dalgubeol Lantern Festival ( 대구 달구벌 등불 축제 ) is the annual event, held in Daegu city, when people gather altogether to make their own colorful lantern, write some wishes on the lantern and fly them together during sunset time. This event is held to celebrate Buddha’s birthday every year on April or May at Duryu Park, the famous baseball stadium in Daegu City which also held Chicken Beer Festival annualy.
It is one of the most famous annual festival in entire Korea as people come from every area to see the magical beautiful colorful flying lantern in this park. As a result, it is super difficult to get the ticket for this event. Usually the ticket will be sold online and gonna be sold loud within 5 mins only. Another option is buying the ticket on the spot. But, you have to come early in the morning and line up (it might be so long) because the ticket is limited. People do queue for the day ticket even though this section does not have the best view of the event.
I really recommend you to visit. The view is one of the most magical and most beautiful moment I’ve ever had in my life. Even though I tried to capture the moment with my camera dslr, but still cannot describe the magical moment I saw with my own eyes. It was 1000 times more beautiful if you witness by your own eyes. All you can see is the colorful lantern flying with the sunset sky as the background, the atmosphere was filled of people wishes which they write on the lantern and fly up to the sky as the lanterns go up. Sooooo beaautiiifuuulll.
- Take Bus to West Daegu or East Daegu Terminal or take normal train to Daegu Station or take KTX to East Daegu Station from Seoul or other cities.
- Then take subway and get off at Duryu Station. Take exit 14, and go straight (follow other people) to Duryu park
- Book the ticket online to get best seat for the event. The green section will be the most favourite and the most difficult to get. Get ready for the ticket war.
- Come earlier to Daegu city and enter the venue earlier to keep best seat.
- Do not forget to check the weather forecast, it is better to bring matt, jacket, blanket, pillow, food, drinks, camera, tripod and everything you need to wait for more than 3 hours.
VISITED ON MAY 19TH, 2018
IF YOU READ MY BLOG AND MANAGE TO VISIT THE PLACE, I APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN HELP ME TO SHARE MY BLOG BY USING HASHTAG #rufustory WHEN YOU POST THE PHOTOS OR SHARE MY BLOG ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA^^