Hakone is one of the most famous destiantion for Japanese and International tourists to visit. It is a small town area, less than 100 km away from Tokyo, a part of Fuji Mountain area. The most popular spot in Hakone is the Lake Ashinoko, where you can see Fuji Mountain during the clear day, and Hakone Shrine.
The best time to see the Fuji Mountain is sunrise when the sky is really clear and the sun come up from opposite side. I took pictures starting at 4.30am in the morning since in spring time the sun rises earlier.
However, the sunset scenery is magical as well eventhough the snow of top Fuji Mountain is covered up by the sun light.
- You can travel to Hakone by taking the Odakyu Line Train from Shinjuku Station.
- The best way to travel in Hakone is using the HAKONE PASS which you can buy online in advance (you have to exchange the ticket in Shinjuku station) or just buy directly in the counter in Shinjuku station. This pass is the best offer for International tourist when travelling to Hakone since this pass will give access to every transportation from Tokyo to Hakone and throughout all Hakone area. They have 2 days pass which is 5.140 yen, and 3 days pass which is 5.640 yen, or you can combine the pass with other nearby area such as Fuji, Enoshima and Kamakura if you also want to visit there.
- If you never visit Fuji before, you can visit both Fuji and Hakone using the Fuji Hakone 3 Day Pass.
- If you only want to visit Hakone, you can just use Hakone 2 Day Pass 2 with 1 night stay over in Hakone area (this super recommended especially for those who wants to see sunset and sunrise). My recommendation schedule will be like list below.
- Taking Odakyu Line from Shinjuku Station to Odawara Station (75mins) and proceed to Hakone Yumoto Station (15 mins) which is FREE with the pass, or you can try taking the direct train from Shinjuku to Hakone Yumoto by paying additional ticket fee 1.090 yen (total trip is faster).
- In Hakone Yumoto Station, proceed to Bus stop number 2 to take H LINE Bus going to Motohakone. It will be better if your accomodation is somewhere in Motohakone where you will spend most of the first day.
- In Motohakone, you can visit the Museum there, Observation Deck on park, and Hakone Shrine and spending sunset time in Lake Ashi. Dont forget to have meal in the famous Soba Restaurant there (Hatsuhana Soba Shinkan).
- The next day, you can take the ferry for free from Motohakone port to Togendai port (30 mins) while seeing the beautiful Lake Ashi (if you are lucky, you can see Fuji Mountain during a clear day).
- As you arrive in Togendai Port, you can proceed by taking skylift to Owakudani to see the sulfur creater.
- After you spend some time in Owakudani, you can proceed with cable car going down to Sounzan Station, continue riding tram untill Gora Station.
- In Gora Station, you can visit Gora Park and having meal in the famous Tamura Ginkatsu-tei to try tofu cutlet dish.
- You can take the Hakone Tozan Train back to Hakone Yumoto, then Odawara, continue to Shinjuku Station.
VISITED ON MAY 26 TH, 2018
IF YOU READ MY BLOG AND MANAGE TO VISIT THE PLACE, I APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN HELP ME TO SHARE MY BLOG BY USING HASHTAG #rufustory WHEN YOU POST THE PHOTOS OR SHARE MY BLOG ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA^^