I discovered another yellow paradise in Korea. This huge canola flower field is located in Baeneomsil Village, located 15 mins away from the nearest city Jinan (4 hours away from Seoul). The canola field is so big and located just beside a small stream of Yongdam Lake and beautiful Wolpo Bridge as a background.
It is magical yellow everywhere which is amazing. The thing is not many people know about this people, so you can enjoy it as your own paradise.
The place is quite far from the city, but if you have a chance to visit, it’s worth to try.
- First, you have to get to Jinan City. There’s two way to get there
1a) Go to Jeonju by taking bus from Seoul Express Bus Terminal which runs every 10 min start from 12.800 won (standard bus).
1b) As soon as you arrive in Jeonju, take intercity bus to Jinan from Jeonju Intercity Bus Terminal (it’s 5 min walking if you get off at Jeonju Express Bus Terminal). The bus runs every 20 min for only 3700 won, 1 hour ride.
2) Take direct bus from Seoul Express Bus Terminal to Jinan Bus Terminal. But, there are only 2 bus going there per day, 10.10 and 15.10 and cost you 15.000 won.
- Second, as you are in Jinan Bus Terminal, take local bus to Geumji Village (금지마을) for 1000 won 15 min ride. The bus passing the village is not many : 11.00, 11.40, 12.55, 15.00, 18.20, 19.10. You have to be careful of this and ask the driver first to make sure it’s the right bus. Everything will be in Korean and they do not speak English. You can ask like this “Geumji maeul kasijyo”? (Youre going to geumji village right?)
- Before you get off at Geumji Village Bus Stop, you gonna see the huge canola field on your right. As you get off, walk to the place for 5 min. Remember the place where you get off.
- Take the bus from the bus stop where you get off to Jinan Bus Terminal. The afternoon schedule is only at 15.00. Do not miss it.
Note : The easier way to get there is taking taxi from Jinan Bus Terminal to Geumji Village for about 20.000 won 15 mins ride.